It's a dog's life

Saturday, April 08, 2006

THE SYSTEM

I received my passport a few days ago and it nearly moved me to tears.
Not because of any misplaced sense of euphoria (even I'm not that lame) but because finally, finally the passport office deigned to have me receive it.

I hate the system!
I hate the fact that we have to behave subserviantly to people in govermental positions who use their jobs to weild some kind of goddamn self-created power!
I hate the fact that nearly everything in my country is a struggle...from travelling to work on pot holes (please, lets not even for a second mistake the craters we travel on as roads), to getting a bloody passport -- something I would have thought was my goddamn constitutional right!!

I thought I'd write this huge blog chronicling the damn fiasco that was to be my passport renewal but the whole process has sapped me of any energy -- add some generous portions of laziness to that fatigue and -- well I'd rather forget about that episode than re-live it on my blog.

The bottomline --- THE SYSTEM SUCKS!

2 Comments:

  • hmm...i love this country and as much as i don't want to, i have to admit...you're right. the system, is er...somewhat lacking.

    on a brighter note: it's raining, the weather is awesome! the system has no control over the weather gods...yaay!!!!

    By Blogger that girl in pink, At 2:57 PM  

  • Hi there, happened to be surfing and saw your pretty homepage...Your passport post is dated by now but that still didn't stop me from responding... you'd understand why if you knew I had to go to the passport office frigging FOUR times -- for lack of some document or other -- till they finally issued it! Nice blogpage and interesting post - How much is too much. I still have to figure that out myself so more of my thoughts on that when I do! :-)

    By Blogger SmartCookie, At 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home