It's a dog's life

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Basic Instinctless

What? What? What? -- were they thinking when they threw together the sequel to Basic Instinct?? I mean let's face it, the first one was no master piece, tho' thanks to Zee Studio and my lack of any kind of decent social activity/interaction, I now even know some of the dialogues! But then my lack of anything better to do has not blinded me to the mediocrity bordering on pure bad film-making - BI 1 that is. BI-2 is another story (not to be read literally) altogether. That movie beautifully places itself with no trouble at all in the putrid category. If I were ever to fill someone's slam-book (remember those idiotic questions in that idiotic book, of which I had two) again, Basic Instict 2 would be my answer to the movies that have moved me to tears!

I swear, I was ready to cry at Stone's ridiculous 4 words per minute dialogue delivery. Coupled with the constant I'm-so-evil-but-I-know-U-want-to-do-me-right-now look that was so contrived -- Put together they were enough to get those tear ducts going. Right from the beginning the movie is slow, phenomenally affected and has been directed by what I can only imagine to be a light boy. The lead actor, whatever his name is was TERRIBLE. He wasn't even able to muster up the lust he was supposed to be feeling for Ms. The whole world wants to do me. Aaargggh! Why was this bloody movie made and why o why did I go for it?!

If your watching on DVD - there's more than your fill of tits and ass -- but in Indian cinemas well you'd be sorely disappointed thanks to our censor board -- which personally I believe didn't do its job at all -- if there was even one person with ANY sense on it, they wouldn't have allowed this movie to be shown because IT'S JUST SO BAD.

Anyway, as my friends and I suffered through this movie, I couldn't help but feel that as an actress Stone as become worse with age. She wasn't Oscar winning material in any of her other movies, but I thought she was passable. And though there's no doubt that at 48 her body can put any 20 year olds to shame -- this time it wasn't enough.

13 Comments:

  • As a fellow sufferer, all i can say is "that's two and a half hours of my life i'm never getting back!"

    By Blogger that girl in pink, At 5:58 PM  

  • If your watching on DVD - here's more than your fill of tits and ass
    I saw BI-1 in theatre long time back....the movie was totally cleaned up and lacked all "Action" scenes...dont wanna spend money in watching BI-2 in multiplex now...will get some pirated DVD only :D

    By Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr, At 8:35 AM  

  • arz000n: Gud on you mate! DVD with FF/RW/OFF buttons close at hand is the only way this movie is remotely watchable. And honestly, what's the point in showing this movie without the "action" moments - I mean it certainly can't be watched for the story/acting.

    gutterspace: I ABSOLUTELY agree. Maybe we can start our own blog petition to ban these unbelievabaly-impossible-to-sit-through movies. The signs were all there --am still wondering why I went for this one?!

    By Blogger It's me, At 12:18 AM  

  • Ehh.. and that botox is kinda evident. those sagging arms tho leave much to be desired - actually this is just jealous me talking! but the movie is pretty shit anyway

    By Blogger mad angles, At 10:32 PM  

  • essar: hmmm...now that you mention it, she was looking a little 'stretched' there. but yeah..it's impossible not to feel at least a twinge (i hv to say, I felt more than just a twinge) of jealously when you look at her body and then do a comparitive analysis with your -- of God I can feel the tears welling up again -- :)! Second and third and fourth you on the movie being shitty!

    By Blogger It's me, At 9:15 PM  

  • humm... was planning to see it, but you have planted the seeds of doubt in me mind!!

    By Blogger Scout, At 12:28 AM  

  • new template but no new post! write soon it's me!

    By Blogger that girl in pink, At 11:48 PM  

  • update :(

    By Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr, At 8:20 AM  

  • Sharon Stone's acting ability has always been her ability to be naked. An easy sell. Not very entertaining.

    By Blogger Nessa, At 4:07 PM  

  • Tits and ass? Did you say tits and ass?
    OMG, gotta find a DVD rental shop, now!!


    *mesmerized look* Tits and ass, tits and ass, must see tits and ass..

    By Blogger unforgiven, At 6:03 PM  

  • unforgiven: Yup seems like you've got the 3 magic words down pat! Enjoy the dvd!

    By Blogger It's me, At 12:38 AM  

  • well i came across what i thought was a BI2 dvd on one of those sidey roadside places and thought what the hell.. turned out to be the original BI.. WITHOUT ANY CUTS! and i realised why i dint like the version shown in indian cinemas..

    By Blogger william, the bloody, At 3:41 PM  

  • Y no updates...

    :( :(

    Mummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

    :( :( :(

    By Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr, At 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home